All Releases and Stories
- FPL’s Power to Care celebrates 15 years of giving back to local communities
FPL employees, their families, and friends volunteered across the state during Power to Care Day. Volunteers gave their time to organizations in the communities where they live, work, and play.
- Going Underground: FPL strengthens energy grid in Coral Gables
FPL is working with the City of Coral Gables to improve reliable service for customers in good and bad weather through the Storm Secure Underground Program.
- Florida Power & Light Company brings three new solar energy centers into operation, now has 63 sites statewide
With three new solar energy centers online, FPL now has 63 sites statewide. The new sites opened in Calhoun, Gadsden, and Walton counties and will power approximately 945,000 homes.March 13, 2023
- Building and Blooming: Riviera Beach Title 1 School's STEM Makeover Empowers Kids to Succeed
A teacher in Riviera Beach won a $50,000 STEM educational grant to makeover her second-grade class. With FPL’s help, her students are reaching for the stars.
- State regulators approve FPL April bill adjustment; decrease proposed in May
The Florida Public Service Commission unanimously approved new rates starting in April. FPL has also proposed a decrease in May. The approved rates cover hurricane and fuel costs from 2022.March 7, 2023
- Okeechobee's Own Celebrate Solar Milestones
The Renfranz family has owned land in Okeechobee County for years. Now, the land where the FPL permitting manager once played with his sisters is one of 60 FPL solar sites across the state.
- FPL again delivers best reliability among all major electric utilities
An annual report filed with state regulators shows FPL was once again the most reliable utility in the state in 2022. FPL customers have seen a 41% increase in reliability since 2006.March 2, 2023
- FPL files plan to reduce customer fuel charges by $379 million
FPL’s proposed plan reduces customer fuel charges beginning in May. The plan would partially offset proposed bill increases that would pay for 2022 hurricane restoration and higher fuel costs.March 1, 2023
- FPL’s Warrior in Pink feels ‘reenergized’ in breast cancer fight through sense of community
Breast cancer survivor Cheryl Edlebeck leads the Florida Power & Light team at the annual Susan G. Komen MORE THAN PINK Walk. The FPL project manager was honored as a Warrior in Pink.
- FPL and FAU partnership seeks to boost STEM learning in South Florida
Led by FAU Lab Schools and FPL, teachers from across Broward and Palm Beach counties learned how to create new lessons using underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) kits donated by FPL.
- Commitment to innovation helps Eric Schwartz soar at FPL
Eric Schwartz, Manager of Technology & Innovation FPL Air, leads a team dedicated to discovering and implementing new technologies that help the FPL work, safer, smarter, and improve reliability.
- Florida Power & Light Company unveils 10 new solar energy centers; reaches milestone of 60 operational solar energy centers in the state
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today brings 10 new solar energy centers online throughout Florida. FPL now has 60 solar energy centers installed statewide – capable of...February 1, 2023
- FPL’s Turkey Point Crocodile Management Program Featured on Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom
Florida Power & Light Company’s efforts to create a thriving habitat for the threatened American crocodile at the company’s Turkey Point Clean Energy Center earned the...January 24, 2023
- FPL biologist dedicates life to endangered species
Turkey Point biologist Mike Lloert oversees the power plant’s 11,000 acres and its cooling canal system. As crocodile specialist, he’s seen the crocodile population thrive under FPL’s program.
- FPL proposes plan to recover costs of increased fuel prices and hurricane responses
Two hurricanes and natural gas price increases expected to impact customer bills Fuel bills from 2022 already paid by FPL but not yet recovered would be spread over 21 months while lower projected...January 23, 2023
- FPL earns top industry honors for rapid response during Hurricane Ian
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) has honored Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) with its Emergency Response Award for the company’s power restoration efforts following...January 13, 2023
- FPL shares ways to save as cold weather sets in
As temperatures dip, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) encourages Florida residents to prepare for colder weather, which may lead to increased energy usage. Coupled with...December 20, 2022
- FPL honors Army veteran with holiday decorations surprise
Before arriving to her West Palm Beach home Wednesday, U.S. Army Veteran June Halstead-Cox said she could see a glow emanating from down the street.December 9, 2022
- Florida Power & Light customers have the nation’s most reliable electric service
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) earned PA Consulting’s ReliabilityOne® National Reliability Award for the seventh time in eight years, highlighting the value of the...November 17, 2022
- FPL has essentially completed restoration to customers impacted by Hurricane Nicole less than 24 hours after storm exits state
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored power to essentially all of its more than 480,000 customers impacted by Hurricane Nicole less than 24 hours after the historic...November 11, 2022
- FPL restores service to more than 95% of customers impacted by Hurricane Nicole just 12 hours after storm exits state
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Within just 12 hours of the last remnant of Hurricane Nicole leaving the state, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) restored power to more than 95% of customers affected by...
- FPL restores service to more than 75% of customers impacted so far as Nicole continues affecting Florida with damaging winds and torrential rain
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored power to more than 75% of customers affected so far by Hurricane Nicole. FPL is now moving additional crews northward to...
- FPL restores service to more than half of customers impacted so far by Hurricane Nicole as storm continues to cause outages in Florida
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has been working around the clock, including safely through the night in between feeder bands, to restore power to customers affected by...
- FPL urges customers to prepare for outages as Tropical Storm Nicole nears Florida’s east coast
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) urges customers to finalize preparations and prepare for power outages as Tropical Storm Nicole nears landfall along Florida’s east coast...November 9, 2022
- FPL mobilizes restoration workforce of approximately 13,000; urges customers to take precautions as Tropical Storm Nicole approaches Florida
JUNO BEACH, Fla. -- As Tropical Storm Nicole continues its path toward Florida, Florida Power & Light Company is making final preparations to restore service safely and as quickly as possible...November 8, 2022