- FPL engineer gears up for 41st storm season
During his four decades at FPL, Jarvis Swain has worked through every hurricane that has hit the state. This year's Storm Drill reminds him that preparation is key to getting the the lights back on safely and as quickly as possible.
- Committed lineworker has passion for powering his community
With more than a half century on the job, lineworker Charles Mathis continues to serve his Volusia County community, rain or shine.
- Pensacola JazzFest selects local artist to design 2023 poster
When Pete Gurtowsky isn't creating FPL infographics, he's designing captivating posters for Pensacola's music festivals. For the second year in a row, he has created the winning design for Pensacola JazzFest.
- FPL powers wildlife rehabilitation efforts: Hundreds of animals return home six months after Hurricane Ian
Six months after Hurricane Ian, the Wildlife Center of South Florida has released hundreds of animals with support from the community and FPL.March 30, 2023
- FPL’s Power to Care celebrates 15 years of giving back to local communities
FPL employees, their families, and friends volunteered across the state during Power to Care Day. Volunteers gave their time to organizations in the communities where they live, work, and play.
- Going Underground: FPL strengthens energy grid in Coral Gables
FPL is working with the City of Coral Gables to improve reliable service for customers in good and bad weather through the Storm Secure Underground Program.
- Riviera Beach Title I school's STEM makeover empowers kids to succeed
A teacher in Riviera Beach won a $50,000 STEM educational grant to makeover her second-grade class. With FPL’s help, her students are reaching for the stars.
- Okeechobee's own celebrate solar milestones
The Renfranz family has owned land in Okeechobee County for years. Now, the land where the FPL permitting manager once played with his sisters is one of 60 FPL solar sites across the state.
- FPL’s Warrior in Pink feels ‘reenergized’ in breast cancer fight through sense of community
Breast cancer survivor Cheryl Edlebeck leads the Florida Power & Light team at the annual Susan G. Komen MORE THAN PINK Walk. The FPL project manager was honored as a Warrior in Pink.
- FPL and FAU partnership seeks to boost STEM learning in South Florida
Led by FAU Lab Schools and FPL, teachers from across Broward and Palm Beach counties learned how to create new lessons using underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) kits donated by FPL.