All Releases and Stories
- FPL’s Power to Care celebrates 15 years of giving back to local communities
FPL employees, their families, and friends volunteered across the state during Power to Care Day. Volunteers gave their time to organizations in the communities where they live, work, and play.
- Going Underground: FPL strengthens energy grid in Coral Gables
FPL is working with the City of Coral Gables to improve reliable service for customers in good and bad weather through the Storm Secure Underground Program.
- Florida Power & Light Company brings three new solar energy centers into operation, now has 63 sites statewide
With three new solar energy centers online, FPL now has 63 sites statewide. The new sites opened in Calhoun, Gadsden, and Walton counties and will power approximately 945,000 homes.March 13, 2023
- Building and Blooming: Riviera Beach Title 1 School's STEM Makeover Empowers Kids to Succeed
A teacher in Riviera Beach won a $50,000 STEM educational grant to makeover her second-grade class. With FPL’s help, her students are reaching for the stars.
- State regulators approve FPL April bill adjustment; decrease proposed in May
The Florida Public Service Commission unanimously approved new rates starting in April. FPL has also proposed a decrease in May. The approved rates cover hurricane and fuel costs from 2022.March 7, 2023
- Okeechobee's Own Celebrate Solar Milestones
The Renfranz family has owned land in Okeechobee County for years. Now, the land where the FPL permitting manager once played with his sisters is one of 60 FPL solar sites across the state.
- FPL again delivers best reliability among all major electric utilities
An annual report filed with state regulators shows FPL was once again the most reliable utility in the state in 2022. FPL customers have seen a 41% increase in reliability since 2006.March 2, 2023
- FPL files plan to reduce customer fuel charges by $379 million
FPL’s proposed plan reduces customer fuel charges beginning in May. The plan would partially offset proposed bill increases that would pay for 2022 hurricane restoration and higher fuel costs.March 1, 2023
- FPL’s Warrior in Pink feels ‘reenergized’ in breast cancer fight through sense of community
Breast cancer survivor Cheryl Edlebeck leads the Florida Power & Light team at the annual Susan G. Komen MORE THAN PINK Walk. The FPL project manager was honored as a Warrior in Pink.
- FPL and FAU partnership seeks to boost STEM learning in South Florida
Led by FAU Lab Schools and FPL, teachers from across Broward and Palm Beach counties learned how to create new lessons using underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) kits donated by FPL.