All Releases and Stories
- As the 2023 hurricane season begins, FPL is prepared and urges customers to prepare
Less than one year from one of the most destructive hurricane seasons in history, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is preparing for the start of another potentially active hurricane season and reminds customers to do the same.June 1, 2023
- FPL proposes another rate reduction beginning in July
On the heels of a rate decrease that began this month, Florida Power & Light Company today proposed a $256 million rate reduction with the Florida Public Service Commission to take effect in July.May 19, 2023
- FPL launches two new solar energy centers in Northwest Florida
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) opened two new solar energy centers: FPL Saw Palmetto and FPL Cypress Pond Solar Energy Centers in Northwest Florida.May 8, 2023
- FPL engineer gears up for 41st storm season
During his four decades at FPL, Jarvis Swain has worked through every hurricane that has hit the state. This year's Storm Drill reminds him that preparation is key to getting the the lights back on safely and as quickly as possible.
- Less than a year after Hurricane Ian, FPL prepares for the 2023 hurricane season with annual storm drill training
More than 3,500 Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) employees participated in the company’s comprehensive annual storm drill designed to test their response to a simulated hurricane.April 20, 2023
- Committed lineworker has passion for powering his community
With more than a half century on the job, lineworker Charles Mathis continues to serve his Volusia County community, rain or shine.
- State regulators approve FPL rate decrease in May
FPL rates will decrease beginning in May to reflect $379 million in projected fuel savings for the remainder of the year. The Florida Public Service Commission unanimously approved the new rates.April 4, 2023
- Pensacola JazzFest selects local artist to design 2023 poster
When Pete Gurtowsky isn't creating FPL infographics, he's designing captivating posters for Pensacola's music festivals. For the second year in a row, he has created the winning design for Pensacola JazzFest.
- FPL powers wildlife rehabilitation efforts: Hundreds of animals return home six months after Hurricane Ian
Six months after Hurricane Ian, the Wildlife Center of South Florida has released hundreds of animals with support from the community and FPL.March 30, 2023
- FPL’s Power to Care celebrates 15 years of giving back to local communities
FPL employees, their families, and friends volunteered across the state during Power to Care Day. Volunteers gave their time to organizations in the communities where they live, work, and play.