- FPL’s massive restoration continues following the devastation caused by Hurricane Ian
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) continues its massive, around-the-clock restoration effort in the wake of Hurricane Ian, with more than 750,000 customers restored as of 4 p.m.
- FPL restores service to more than half a million customers in wake of catastrophic Hurricane Ian, one of the strongest hurricanes to ever make landfall in Florida
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Working throughout the night and into the morning, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored power to more than half a million customers even as Ian continues its...
- FPL prepares to rebuild parts of electric system in Southwest Florida as catastrophic Hurricane Ian nears landfall along Florida’s west coast
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is preparing to repair and rebuild parts of its electric system as Hurricane Ian takes aim at Florida’s west coast as a high-end Category...
- FPL urges customers to prioritize safety and prepare to be without power as Hurricane Ian approaches Florida’s west coast
- FPL mobilizes restoration workforce of more than 13,000; urges customers to take precautions as Hurricane Ian approaches Florida
JUNO BEACH, Fla. -- As Hurricane Ian strengthens on its path toward Florida, Florida Power & Light Company is making final preparations to restore service safely and as quickly as possible after...September 26, 2022
- FPL has activated its emergency response plan for Tropical Storm Ian and is preparing for projected Florida landfall
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – As Tropical Storm Ian strengthens and potentially becomes a major hurricane, Florida Power & Light Company is preparing for a projected landfall in Florida and urging...September 25, 2022
- Florida Power & Light Company announces new leader for the Northwest Florida region
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today named Jarl Thomas (J.T.) Young vice president and general manager, FPL Northwest Florida region.September 23, 2022
- FPL proposes plan to refund customers nearly $400 million in federal corporate tax savings
The hundreds of millions of dollars in savings are the result of federal production tax credits on the large-scale solar energy centers FPL is building throughout Florida.September 23, 2022
- Florida Power & Light Company breaks company record with 16 new solar energy centers simultaneously under construction throughout Florida
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it currently has a company record 16 new solar energy centers simultaneously under construction across the Sunshine State...August 16, 2022
- FPL makes history launching first-ever fixed-wing drone for commercial use
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) launched the first-ever commercial uncrewed fixed-wing drone, of this scale, used outside of a Federal Aviation Association (FAA) test site for research and development.