- Commitment to innovation helps Eric Schwartz soar at FPL
Eric Schwartz, Manager of Technology & Innovation FPL Air, leads a team dedicated to discovering and implementing new technologies that help the FPL work, safer, smarter, and improve reliability.
- FPL biologist dedicates life to endangered species
Turkey Point biologist Mike Lloert oversees the power plant’s 11,000 acres and its cooling canal system. As crocodile specialist, he’s seen the crocodile population thrive under FPL’s program.
- FPL honors Army veteran with holiday decorations surprise
Before arriving to her West Palm Beach home Wednesday, U.S. Army Veteran June Halstead-Cox said she could see a glow emanating from down the street.December 9, 2022
- Milestone marked as FPL removes final wooden transmission pole in Palm Beach County
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) marked a milestone in grid resiliency in October when crews, accompanied by helicopters, removed the last wooden transmission poles in Palm Beach County. FPL...
- Bill Vikara to be umpire in Little League World Series in August
Bill Vikara has reached the big leagues of youth umpiring.
- Drivers electrify summer travel with FPL’s EV Expressway
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today launched a must-have road trip tool for electric vehicle (EV) drivers.July 1, 2022
- Boca Raton student awarded FPL’s $20,000 robotics scholarship
JUNO BEACH, Fla. (June 8, 2020) — Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has awarded Boca Raton student Corbin “C.J.” Weir a $20,000 scholarship through the company’s charitable arm, the...June 8, 2020
- Hurricane Dorian B-roll and Photo Inventory by Market
FPL continues to execute its emergency response plan in preparation for Hurricane Dorian. We are pre-positioning our restoration workforce so they can safely and quickly get our customers' lights...September 1, 2019
Statement on Coral Gables Power Restoration
Updated: September 19, 2017 We understand that it’s extremely frustrating for our customers to be without power. That said, frivolous lawsuits and ludicrous code violations that attempt to...September 18, 2017
Update on Broward County Nursing Home
Issued: September 13, 2017 We extend our deepest sympathies to those who lost their loved ones. Because of the current investigations associated with these tragic events involving the nursing...September 13, 2017