PENSACOLA, Fla. — Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) energy experts will hit the road this summer to assist customers in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton and Bay counties. FPL’s customer care representatives and energy experts will make several stops in their Community Action Team mobile unit, connecting customers who need help with programs and financial resources.
As the temperatures continue to rise, energy experts will also provide customers with timely and personalized savings tips by analyzing recent energy usage patterns. With summer approaching, air conditioner use is on the rise, resulting in higher energy usage and higher bills – but there are steps customers can take to mitigate the impacts of hot weather.
“We understand that customers are looking for ways to lower their bill as we get into the hot summer weather,” said Richard Howard, a Northwest Florida energy expert for FPL. “There are simple changes that you can make in and around your home that can add up to savings on your bill.”
Customers visiting one of the mobile unit events should have their account number available and be an authorized user on the account.
Below are the dates, times and locations for the Community Action Team mobile unit’s first stops:
- Monday, June 06, 2022 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Brownsville Community Center - 3200 W. De Soto St., Pensacola, FL 32505
- Monday, June 06, 2022 from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Bayview Community Center - 2001 East Lloyd St., Pensacola, FL 32503
- Tuesday, June 07, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Town of Century Town Hall - 7995 N. Century Blvd., Century, FL 32535
Santa Rosa County
- Tuesday, June 07, 2022 from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Santa Rosa County Administrative Complex - 6495 Caroline St., Milton, FL 32570
- Wednesday, June 08, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Fort Walton Beach Salvation Army - 425 Mary Esther Cut Off, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32549
- Thursday, June 09, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Crestview Library - 1445 Commerce Dr., Crestview, FL 32539
- Thursday, June 09, 2022 from 2 to 5 p.m.
- DeFuniak Springs City Hall - 71 US-90, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433
- Friday, June 10, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- St. Andrew Baptist Church Christian Care Center - Center of Hope - 3101A US-98, Panama City, FL 32401
- Friday, June 10, 2022 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- A. D. Harris Learning Village - 819 E. 11th St., Panama City, FL 32401
FPL will share future dates and locations for the Community Action Team mobile unit later this summer.
Florida Power & Light Company
As America’s largest electric utility, Florida Power & Light Company serves more customers and sells more power than any other utility, providing clean, affordable, reliable electricity to more than 5.7 million accounts, or more than 12 million people. FPL operates one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S and in 2021 won the ReliabilityOne® National Reliability Award for the sixth time in the last seven years. The company received the top ranking in the southern U.S. among large electric providers, according to J.D. Power’s 2021 Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM and 2021 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction StudySM. The company was also recognized in 2020 as one of the most trusted U.S. electric utilities by Escalent for the seventh consecutive year. FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Florida-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity. NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2022 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” and recognized on Fortune’s 2021 list of companies that “Change the World.” NextEra Energy is also the parent company of NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage. For more information about NextEra Energy companies, visit these websites: www.NextEraEnergy.com, www.FPL.com, www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.