JUNO BEACH, Fla. – To wrap up Florida Power & Light Company’s six-part series of energy-efficiency tips for the holiday season, here are some year-round recommendations that you and your family can resolve to make in 2010. An energy-efficient New Year’s resolution will help protect the environment and save you money on your electric bill all year long.
FPL’s Helpful Holiday Tips Part 6: Energy-Efficient New Year’s Resolutions
Energy efficiency can be easy. You can resolve to save energy and money in 2010 with these very simple tips. Visit www.FPL.com or become a fan of FPL Energy Tips at www.facebook.com/fplenergytips to learn about these tips and more.
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave a room.
- Clean your air-conditioning filter once a month.
- Close your refrigerator door after getting the food you need.
- Cook with a toaster or microwave instead of the oven whenever possible.
- Don’t pre-rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Cool or heat your home only when you're there.
- Use cold water to wash your clothes.
- Clean the lint filter in your dryer after every load.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent lights.
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
Florida Power & Light Company
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is the largest electric utility in Florida and one of the largest rate-regulated utilities in the United States. FPL serves 4.5 million customer accounts in Florida and is a leading employer in the state with nearly 11,000 employees. The company consistently outperforms national averages for service reliability while customer bills are well below the national average. A clean energy leader, FPL has one of the lowest emissions profiles and the No. 1 energy efficiency program among utilities nationwide. FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Fla.-based FPL Group, Inc. (NYSE: FPL). For more information, visit www.FPL.com.