JUNO BEACH, Fla., June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it has launched a new mobile app that enables customers to manage their account with a tap of a finger. Just in time to beat the heat this summer, customers can use the app for on-the-go, instant access to monitor energy usage, see how weather impacts their bill, and receive important alerts and reminders.
"We know how important it is for our customers to save energy and money, especially as the weather heats up, and we're excited to see customers take advantage of the app's projected bill feature to make changes to reduce their energy usage and help lower their summer bills," said Eric Silagy, president and CEO of FPL. "Our new FPL mobile app is yet another tool that we're offering our customers to help them transform into energy experts – enabling them to manage their accounts anytime, anywhere, and in the process, taking greater control of their energy usage and bill."
Tap into the FPL mobile app
Here are a few ways the FPL mobile app helps you take control of your energy usage and bill, from the palm of your hand:
- Monitor your energy usage – Compare your energy usage across three months or a full year, including average temperature data, so you see how weather impacts your bill
- View your projected bill – Understand what your bill is projected to be, so you can take steps to help lower it before it arrives
- Check your account summary – View and edit your profile information and communication preferences, so you receive information on what matters most to you
- Track the length of your billing cycle – See where you are in your billing cycle: it can range from 28 to 35 days, which can affect your bill amount
- Pay your bill quickly and securely – Make a payment in a few taps, or adjust the date of an upcoming payment if you need to
- Report an outage – Check your power status and, if necessary, submit an outage report so we can work to get your lights back on safely and as quickly as possible
- Stay informed with alerts – Receive important information about storms and bill pay reminders
The app is available for download in the iOS and Android app stores. Learn more at: FPL.com/myaccount.
More ways to save
In addition to the app, FPL offers many tools customers can use to manage their energy usage:
- Online Energy Dashboard – A tool that can drive smarter, energy-saving choices year-round to make bills even lower. See your energy usage by month, day or hour so you can spot the best opportunities to save.
- Online Home Energy Survey – A free resource that shows how much energy you use, gives a breakdown of how much you are spending on appliances and cooling, and provides an energy-savings plan with expert tips and recommendations.
For more information, visit FPL.com/EasyToSave.
Florida Power & Light Company
Florida Power & Light Company is the third-largest electric utility in the United States, serving approximately 4.9 million customer accounts or an estimated 10 million people across nearly half of the state of Florida. FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill is approximately 25 percent lower than the latest national average and, in 2016, was the lowest in Florida among reporting utilities for the seventh year in a row. FPL's service reliability is better than 99.98 percent, and its highly fuel-efficient power plant fleet is one of the cleanest among all utilities nationwide. The company received the top ranking in the southern U.S. among large electric providers, according to the J.D. Power 2016 Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM, and was recognized in 2016 as one of the most trusted U.S. electric utilities by Market Strategies International. A leading Florida employer with approximately 8,900 employees, FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Florida-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity, and has been ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune's 2017 list of "World's Most Admired Companies." NextEra Energy is also the parent company of NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. For more information about NextEra Energy companies, visit these websites: www.NextEraEnergy.com, www.FPL.com, www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.
SOURCE Florida Power & Light Company
For further information: Florida Power & Light Company, Media Line: 561-694-4442, @FPL_Newsroom